Welcome to my Home Page
I am the Architect for the Rates IT group in at Barclays Capital.
I am also a published author and speaker, with a particular interest in the role and practice of software architecture.
I also worked for many years as an IT consultant for Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, Sybase Professional Services, Praxis and Logica, taking senior roles on projects for a wide range of public and private sector clients.
You can find out more about me, as well as gaining access to some of my published writing and software, by clicking one of the links to the left of this page.
- My brother-in-law, Stuart McMillan, has started up a fitness business in Perth, Australia. Check it out here.
- After 18 months of work Edition 2 of our book has finally been published! (see sidebar for details)
- The book has been licensed for a Chinese translation, and a Korean edition and an English edition for India have also been arranged.
- You can now browse the first chapter of our book here.
- I have been elected a Chartered Fellow of the British Computer Society (FBCS).
- I was awarded Chartered IT Professional (CITP) status by the British Computer Society, and Chartered Engineer (CEng) status by the Engineering Council UK.
- I have written an architecture book, Software Systems Architecture : Working With Stakeholders Using Viewpoints and Perspectives, with Eoin Woods. It was published in April 2005 and is in its second reprint.
- Eoin and I have set up a website for the book, which includes sample chapters, a directory of web resources, a comprehensive bibliography, and reference material on architectural viewpoints and perspectives.
- You can find links to some white papers I have written here.
- I have written some (award-winning) free software (published under the GPL) which you can find here.
My Architecture Bookcontents
quick reference card
About MeMy Curriculum Vitae
find me on LinkedIn
My SoftwareDownload SrvStart
My Other SitesKingston Chamber Orchestra
Edition 2 has been published!
We have extended and updated much of the content:
Click on the architecture button for more information.